Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Gearing Up For NaNoWriMo

I'm sorry I've been so bad lately about keeping up to date with this blog.  Part of the reason is that I haven't had much news to report.  I've been busy working on a new story and co-authoring another story with Anais Morgan.  I'm excited about both projects and will report back when there's news about either one.

I've attempted to write a novel for NaNoWriMo for the last few years with varying degrees of success.  I'm going to try again this year, and have an idea for a novel, the plot, and characters in place.  But lately, I've been tinkering with the idea of instead of writing a novel for NaNoWriMo, I would write four or five short stories that would total 50,000 words.  I know the "No" in NaNoWriMo means novel, but what's the fun in being a writer if you can't rewrite the script once in a while and create your own rules?  Basically, I'm going to aim for writing 50,000 words this month.  Whether it results in multiple stories or one novel, I still don't know, but I hope I make it to the 50,000 word goal line regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment