Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Back in the swing of things

I've been in kind of a funk for several weeks but I think I'm getting my mojo back.  I've been pretty productive this week because there's nothing like a deadline to get the motivation flowing.  There are two anthology submission calls I'm targeting, and I'm still working on an outline for a novel.  I love it when I'm busy like this instead of being stuck in my head.  It wasn't easy getting out of the rut, and I'm not sure if I'm totally out of it yet, but I'm definitely feeling like I'm in a better place.

It had been my intention to blog about Game of Thrones each week after each episode but (a) my funk took over and (b) there are lots of other blogs that are doing a better job than I could ever dream of doing.  My favorite is The Tower of the Hand because the writer incorporates knowledge from the books into his review of the show and provides a greater overall context of what's happening with the plot and characters.  Great recappers include Andy Greenwald at Grantland.com and Alan Sepinwall at Hitfix.com, and I highly recommend the Game of Thrones recaps at Wired.com and TV Equals.  I'm really excited about this week's upcoming episode because it is THE episode I've been waiting for ever since I read the books.  It's going to be a good one, so I'm really hoping I have most of my work and writing out of the way so that I can enjoy it without feeling guilty over work I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment